Thursday 12 June 2008

First time reached 3rd round but now a cabin crew

Hi Mr Tan,

Thank you so much for your help on ####. My name is S####, the fair girl wearing Green. I was booted out during 1 to 1 interview.

Nevertheless, thank you so much for giving me the confidence because i feel more secure and i listen to your adv and was happy that i passed Round 1. Secondly, i managed to pass Kebaya plus Skin check, also thanks to you for telling me that i'm not too skinny for SIA which boost my confidence.

Well, something must have gone wrong during 1 to 1 interview and i feel so sad being booted out because i was confident on that day. Sigh!

During 1 to 1 interview, The questions asked were relatively tough:

1. Why do you want to make a career switch?
2. What does customer service means to you?
3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?
4. Do you refer to work alone or as a team?
5. Are you a team player or team leader?
6. Describe yourself.
7. Is service on Air ot service on ground more important and why?

That's all i could recall........

I frumbled at Qn 3 :

"3. What are the negative aspects of being a Cabin crew?"

I answered that working irregular hours and that it can also be positive in the sense that you must stay healthy and be very disciplined.

I guess this is what killed me....depending on how you interpret my answer. i guess i failed to explain clearly and maybe the interviewer might interpret it as i'm someone who prefers 9 to 5 job.

Actually what i meant was that to some people, it might be negative. However, for me, it is positive as i do not like deskbound job and thus i do not mind the irregular working hours. This can be positive because i will then"forced" myself to stay healthy, be healthy and maintain being disciplined.

Nevermind, i will keep trying.......do you think i'll get accepted into SIA? Because i really wanna fly!!!!

I'm grateful to you for the tips you provided me with and at least this time round, there is a improvement as this is the 1st time i got into 1 on 1 interview stage. Not too bad! Haha!


3 months later,

Wanted to email you to express my appreciation but don't know if you can still remember me since i belong to your earlier batch of participants. :P
I managed to pass the May interview because I remembered your valuable advice and the confidence you instill in me and i managed to SOAR! Really appreciate your help so much. :) Without your guidance, i will still be "clueless".

Sincerely,

S..................

No comments:

Post a Comment